NPTC Basic Chainsaw (CS30 & CS31)
A 5 day basic chainsaw course - leading to an additional NPTC assessment.
20 Oct 2008 09:00
until 24 Oct 2008 17:00
Field & Forest TrainingArrish View, Bradworthy, Holsworthy, Devon EX22 7UA
The course covers:
- Workshop safety awareness
- Guide bar, saw chains and power unit maintenance
- Re-assembly of chainsaw
- Health and safety features
- Lubrication and fuelling
- Personal protective equipment
- Starting and pre-cutting checks
- Site safety awareness
- Cross-cutting and stacking timber
- Felling preparation
- Takedown of hung-up trees
- NPTC certification is for someone who wishes to seek contractual work in forestry or arboricultural activities or for those who are likely to use a chainsaw for business, domestic or leisure activities in the felling of trees up to 380mm (15’’) diameter and/or aerial tree work.
- NPTC, registration forms are completed prior to the course and the NPTC assessments themselves are arranged at a later date. The training with appropriate practice should assist the trainee to reach the NPTC assessment standard, but a pass at NPTC is not guaranteed and will depend on each individual’s competence.
For more information on this course please visit the website below or alternatively contact the event organisers on 01409 240 009/07971 718 895 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last change 16/10/2008 16:20:00